In-Studio Pilates Teacher Training Courses
Online Course Also Available
Internationally Recognized & Certified
-Course is limited to 10 people-
Our Internationally Recognized & Certified Pilates Teacher Training Courses are led by founder and director Andriesa Verloop. After opening her first Pilates studio in 2008, Andriesa continues to share her passion for this amazing fitness movement through the Pilates Dynamics International Pilates Teacher Training Courses. Her success as a trainer and educator is due to her exposure to various Pilates styles of over 14 years, as well as her intensive training background. Andriesa is assisted by a group of senior trainers with exposure both nationally and internationally, who have qualifications in BA Human Movement Science, Physiotherapy, Personal Training, Professional Dance and Ballet, BHSc Honours Biokenetics, and BA Sports Science Honours.
Included in the 450 hour Comprehensive Pilates Course is the 100 hour Mat & Small Equipment Course. If you are only interested in signing up for the Mat & Small Equipment Course, that option is also available. The Mat & Small Equipment Teachers Training Course runs in conjunction with the Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Course.
These Internationally Recognized & Certified Pilates Teacher Training programs were created and structured in such a way as to ensure that all of our students get the highest qualifications possible to become a top-notch Pilates Instructor with confident and unique teaching styles.
Students will have access our studio for practice for a period of 3 to 5 months, depending on the course selected.
Pilates Teacher Training Courses
(These courses can be done either on a private (one-on-one) basis or on in a group environment, as detailed further below)
PILATES TEACHER TRAINING COURSES OFFERED:
PILATES MAT & SMALL EQUIPMENT:
Basic to Advance Mat Levels 1, 2 + 3; Exercise Adaptions/Variations; Anatomy 1 & 2; Muscle Focus, Contra-Indications & Exercises Goals; Props & Assists; Faulty Postures; Injuries & Pathologies; Pregnancy; Program Flow and Program Planning
Basic to Advance Levels (Large + Small Equipment), Basic to Advance Reformer; Cadillac; Chair; Ladder + Arc Barrels, Exercise Adaptions/Variations; Muscle Focus, Contra-Indications & Exercise Goals; Props & Assists; Faulty Postures; Injuries & Pathologies; Pregnancy; Program Flow and Program Planning
COMPREHENSIVE CONVERSION COURSE:
This is the Large Equipment [Pilates Machines] section of the Comprehensive Pilates course – NB: a pre-requisite is a Pilates mat qualification above)
(The Reformer Pilates Machine) – NB: a pre-requisite is a Pilates mat qualification under 1.1 above)
- Recognition of prior learning is granted to students wishing to obtain their Comprehensive Qualification who are in possession of a Pilates Mat Qualification.
- Course Duration for Mat Pilates: Approximately 3 to 6 months (maximum) depending on how soon students are able to complete their practical hours.
- Course Duration for Comprehensive & Comprehensive Conversion Pilates: Approximately 5 to 12 months (maximum), depending on how soon students are able to complete their practical hours.
- Course Duration for Reformer Course: Approximately 3 to 6 months (maximum) depending on how soon students are able to complete their practical hours.
- Students will have access to a video library of all exercises taught in the manual, together with pre-recorded Pilates Group Classes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Students will have a maximum of one calendar year within in which to complete their courses, failing which they will have to redo the courses.
Breakdown Of Practical Hours:
|Comprehensive (Mat & Large Equipment)||120||100||140|
- Course hours are inclusive of written tests.
- Courses include 2 Practical Tutorial Sessions of 2 hours each which will be scheduled on dates to be determined (1 midway during the lectures and 1 at the end of the lecture dates)
NB: The Mat Teacher Training Course runs in conjunction with the Comprehensive Teacher Training Course.
Personal Practice Hours:
Students can start accumulating personal practice hours once the course has started. Accepted forms of personal practice hours include practicing on your own at our studio for a specified period at no additional cost, or at another studio subject to approval.
We offer videos of all exercises taught in our manual on our Student Portal platform.
Observation hours can be started and counted once the course has started. Students can schedule observation hours at a studio subject to approval. Our studio is available for observation and attendance of classes at no extra cost for the duration of the 3 to 5 month period, depending on the course selected. Alternatively observation hours can also be done online via Pilates Anytime at an additional fee of approximately R250 per month, as an option.
You can practice teaching by instructing a friend, family member or apprentice instructor at another studio subject to approval. Our studio is also available for this use at no additional charge for a specified period.
Course Fees And Payment Options
(VAT & Exercise Library Inclusive):
GROUP TEACHER TRAINING COURSES:
|Group Pilates Mat & Small Equipment Course||R12680||R3485 x 4 months|
|Group Pilates Comprehensive Course (A Combination of Pilates Mat, Small Equipment & Pilates Large Equipment)||R34950||R6524 x 6 months|
|Comprehensive Conversion Course||R22500||R4200 x 6 months|
|Reformer Course||R10200||R2805 x 4 months|
PRIVATE TEACHER TRAINING COURSES:
|Group Pilates Mat & Small Equipment Course||R15515||R4265 x 4 months|
|Group Pilates Comprehensive Course (A Combination of Pilates Mat, Small Equipment & Pilates Large Equipment)||R39000||R7280 x 6 months|
|Comprehensive Conversion Course||R26850||R5012 x 6 months|
|Reformer Course||R13200||R3630 x 4 months|
- 1st months’ installment is due on registration.
- Courses are limited to a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 participants. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the course should this criteria not be achieved.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Courses are also offered on a private (one-on-one) basis with a lecturer. Lecture hours can be booked at a time convenient for the student, depending on the availability of the lecturer. Lecture hours for private students will be completed in less time in comparison to lecture hours in a group, so please check with the studio.
MAT TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
|Exam registration fee||R1050 per exam|
|Pilates Anytime Online Observation||R250 Monthly fee (optional)|
COMPREHENSIVE & COMPREHENSIVE CONVERSION TEACHER TRAINING COURSES
|Exam registration fee||R1 450 per exam|
|Pilates Anytime Online Observation||R250 Monthly fee (optional)|
|Group Exam Registration fee||R1050 per exam|
|Private exam Registration fees are subject to confirmation on all courses|
Should a student decide to continue with the Comprehensive Course in the same year that the Certified Mat work section has been completed, a discount of 10% will apply on the Comprehensive Conversion Course Price, together with an additional fee of R 1 000 for the manuals.
2022 Course Dates
2022 In-Studio Pilates Group Teacher Training starting dates:
|Pilates Mat & Small Equipment||25 February 2022|
|Pilates Comprehensive||25 February 2022|
|Comprehensive Conversion Course||8 April 2022|
|Intensive Reformer Course||8 April 2022|
Frequently Asked Questions
Mat & Small Equipment Course:
Lectures are held every second weekend on Fridays and Saturdays, over a period of 2 weeks.
Comprehensive and Comprehensive Conversion Courses:
Lectures are held every second weekend on Fridays and Saturdays, over a period of 4 weeks.
Lecturers are held over one weekend on a Friday and a Saturday.
Centralized Testing Dates
Tests/assessments will be written throughout the course. These tests/assessments do not count towards the final mark and are only done to evaluate progress at various stages during the course.
Exams are written in April / July / November annually (dates to be determined).
*Students are requested to arrive an hour before exam times indicated above*
*Times may vary depending on the number of students registered for exams*
*Upon completing all practical hours and passing of the final exams with a pass mark of 70%, a certificate will be issued.
*Should students not be able to make the exam dates when determined, they are welcome to apply to write their exams on different dates, subject to availability and subject to private assessor & moderator fees*
Our Pilates Teacher Trainers and Lecturers
- We offer an intensive and in-depth course in line with international standards
- You will be continuously supported throughout your Pilates journey by our qualified team of Pilates professionals
- Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have been exposed to numerous styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience.
- Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers hold the following degrees: BA Human Movement Science, Physiotherapy, Personal Training, Professional Dance and Ballet, BHSc Honours Biokinetics, BA Sport Science Honours, and Sports Massage Therapy.
- Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have had exposure both nationally and internationally.
- Our mission is to mentor you towards a successful and rewarding Pilates career
- We are here to teach you how to instruct, not just what to teach.
What Makes us Different?
- We are internationally recognised with global affiliations and professional associations;
- The lecturers of the courses have been exposed to numerous styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience (both nationally and internationally);
- Our courses are in-depth and intensive and offer an integration of anatomy, injuries and pathologies with recommendations and contra-indications, and exercise goals to ensure an understanding of the work;
- Courses include 2 practical tutorials of 2 hours each: 1 midway through the lectures and 1 at the end of the lecture dates.
- We offer a very comprehensive compilation of exercises; including a full exercise video library of exercises in our manual AND pre-recorded Pilates Classes.
- We understand that people lead busy lives, therefore it is not always possible to do all the required hours at OUR studio so you can do your hours at OTHER pre-approved studios;
- The Pilates Mat Course is also offered online – using the same in-studio course manual and material – to ensure the same high standards and quality;
- Students will have access to our studio for practise and observation hours for a period of 3 to 5 months, depending on the course selected;
- At our studio, you will be exposed to the integration of a variety of small equipment like: Ballet Barre, TRX, Bosus, Kettlebells, Weights, Balls – big and small, Thera-bands, Foam Rollers, Air Cushions, Arc Barrels, Step Barrels, and Toning Bars, Rotation Discs, to name but a few.
- Knowledge of the fitness industry and the teachings of Joseph Pilates is highly recommended. Students should be familiar with the practice and technique of Pilates. To book appointments at Pilates Dynamics prior to starting the courses, please contact the studio directly.
- Prior skills from an athletic activity can help develop body awareness and other attributes that are extremely beneficial to teacher training.
- A stable internet connection is necessary should you decide to do the online course.
Upon finishing all of the required hours (practical, observation and teaching) and passing the final exam with a pass rate of 70% and above, a certificate of completion will be issued.
International and Local Affiliation and Endorsements
- Our Courses have been allocated 20 CPD points (Continuing Professional Developing point system) by REPPSA, who is the Register of Exercise Professionals in South Africa, which recognize qualifications and expertise. REPPSA set and international standard bench-mark and run across the whole of Europe, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, U.A.E., Canada, Belgium, Poland, USA and South Africa.
- Pilates Dynamics is affiliated to the Pilates Education Institute in the USA which is a worldwide Pilates Educator with a renowned curriculum utilized in the USA and abroad.
- Our courses are recognized by the Pilates Education Association, which is a 3rd party non-profit organization whose purpose it is to establish quality within the International Pilates community to ensure safety and maintain high standards.
- Our Courses are in line with the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) requirements and our Program Director is a member of the PMA.
- Our Courses are endorsed by BASA (Biokinetics Association of South Africa.)
- Pilates Mat Course – PPB008/B002/2019/00665 Level 2 – 24 CPD
- Pilates Comprehensive Course – PPB008/B002/2020/00678 – Level 2 – 30 CPD
- Pilates Comprehensive Conversion Course – PPB008/B002/2019/00666 – Level 2 – 30 CPD
No refunds are given should a student fail to attend the course following acceptance, confirmation and payment of the deposit or once-off cost payment, or any other amount paid towards the course.
No refunds are given if a student misses any module/s.
A students’ success primarily depends on the commitment and the willingness to go the distance, regardless of previous experience. Our team is available to guide you through the process and assist you in reaching both your personal best and the high standards that we require. Please ask for assistance should you require any.