Pilates Classes for Kids and Teens - Unfortunately today’s kids and teens are the most inactive generation in history. Computer technology and non-playful movement stimulate this generation of kids. As a result, many parents have concerns regarding their children’s physical condition and self-confidence – as well as the lack of programs available at fitness facilities or schools that specifically target core strength, coordination, balance and flexibility. This is where Pilates comes into play, literally. Pilates is the very form of exercise that works the entire body with emphasis on function for overall health.
Pilates is designed for both non-athletic, as well as the competitive teen as it is a smart way of getting kids to participate, because it caters to their various ages, fitness levels, and athletic abilities.
Benefits of Pilates Classes for Kids and Teens
- Perhaps the most important benefit for kids and teens is increased FOCUS, as being able to centre the breath, hold various positions and concentrate on mind-body fitness – are cornerstones for youths to challenge their energies into one activity.
- Pilates improves body awareness and control – and knowing one’s body can lead to greater self-esteem.
- It prevents injury on the playground – and is the basis for improving posture, increasing strength, balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Pilates can assist with weight management issues, as it strengthens and lengthens core muscles without adding bulk.
- This form of fitness provides the perfect physical and mental platform for children to excel in sports and in school.
- Pilates teaches kids and teens to cope with stress by encouraging them to relax and breathe properly.
- Assists with Hypermobility issues
- Improves spinal health
- Pilates assists with low muscle tone
- Pilates improves Proprioception
We work closely with Occupational Therapists to ensure that each child achieves the best possible outcome from our Pilates Classes for Kids and Teens.
Occupational Therapists often refer children to do Pilates to improve neuromuscular training and restore physical function. A Pilates routine entails controlled, smooth movements, which improves posture, core strength, stamina and flexibility.
For more information visit our website: https://pilatesdynamics.co.za/kiddies-pilates-2/