What is Pilates for Kids and Teens?
Pilates for Kids and Teens - Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps to build strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination without adding any muscle bulk. Pilates is the brainchild of a German doctor Joseph H. Pilates. He came up with several exercises and equipment for helping immobilized soldiers during the World War I.
In addition, he also developed some mat and machine exercises that focuses on strengthening the torso and balancing muscle groups for optimum movement and reduced stress on the body’s joints.
What are the benefits of Pilates for Kids and Teens?:
- Increases flexibility. Children need to be flexible to perform various daily activities. Pilates exercise Pilates help to keep a child’s muscle and tension limber.
- Improves Concentration. While performing the Pilates positions your child will need to focus on keeping parts of his/her body still, whilst moving other parts or limbs. Pilates can help improve his/her concentration that will boost his/her performance in both academics and sports.
- Helps strengthen the muscles. The controlled movements in Pilates improves blood circulation and strengthen the body’s core muscles. A strong core and trunk helps a child to conserve their energy and be more attentive to their school work. This also helps with improved athletic performance and a reduced risk of injury.
- Corrects the posture. Kids these days are glued to television and computer screens for long hours which adversely affect their posture. It also leads to recurrent neck, back, and hip, problems during adulthood. Kids who do Pilates regularly also have better spinal alignment.
- Pilates improves Neuromuscular re-education, which is to improve co-ordination, balance & proprioception (the sense of knowing where one’s body parts are in space and the amount of effort employed in the movement), and consists of training or re-training the muscles, brain, and nerves used to communicate with one another to improve movement, strength, balance and function.
- Improved Confidence. Kids with a good posture and coordination, sense of balance & proprioception, and improved movement abilities are far more comfortable with and in their own bodies than those of kids and teens who do not have these abilities.
Why should you let your children do Pilates for Kids and Teens at Pilates Dynamics?:
We offer Private (one-on-one) and Group classes for Kids and Teens at our Internationally recognized fully equipped boutique pilates studio. We have several small and large pilates state of the art equipment which will peak the interests of any child or teen.
Group classes have a maximum of 8 children in a group class, so individual attention is guaranteed.
Are the trainers/instructors at Pilates Dynamics properly qualified to deal with Pilates for Kids and Teens?
Pilates Dynamics is an internationally recognized education and training boutique pilates facility and we pride ourselves of the fact that all our instructors are certified and properly qualified and experienced, so we assure you that your children are in safe hands.
We also work with Physiotherapist; Chiropractor; Occupational Therapists; and other Medical Therapist referrals.
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION PROCESS? (How do I sign up?):
Group classes are sold per school term. You can contact us on 011-792 5459 or 072 999 2229 or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a class. You can also visit us on: www.pilatesdynamics.co.za
IS THERE A JOINING OR REGISTRATION FEE?:
You will complete a registration form and there is no joining fee.
IF YOU ARE A DISCOVERY VITALITY OR A MOMENTUM MULTIPLY MEDICAL AID MEMBER, YOU CAN EARN POINTS FOR EVERY WORKOUT.