What is Pilates?
Pilates is an exercise that targets the core powerhouse and works on improving the strength and appearance of the abdominal muscles.
What are benefits of Pilates?
- improved flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks (the ‘core muscles’ of your body)
- balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs etc.
Is Pilates Suitable for Everyone?
At Pilates Dynamics we offer Pilates classes that caters for everyone, from beginner to advanced. You can perform exercises using your own body weight, or with the help of various pieces of equipment.
A typical Pilates workout includes a number of exercises and stretches. Each exercise is performed with attention to proper breathing techniques and abdominal muscle control.
What are the Types of Pilates offered at Pilates Dynamics?
- Mat and Small Equipment Pilates – these exercises are performed on the floor using gravity and your own body weight to provide resistance. The main aim is to condition the deeper, supporting muscles of your body to improve posture, balance and coordination. We make use of weights (such as dumbbells), magic rings, resistance bands and other types of small equipment that offer resistance to the muscles.
- Large Equipment Pilates – this includes specific equipment that works against spring-loaded resistance, including the Reformers, Cadillac, Towers and Wunda Chairs just to mention a few.
If you’ve wanted to try Pilates classes – but something has been holding you back – now’s your time to register for your first session. Pilates offers plenty of super benefits for your body, no matter what your fitness background is. We offer classes in Groups and Privately (One on One). Classes are small to enable us to give each client individual attention. You’ll improve your posture, focus on bodily alignment and will also get one heck of a core workout.
What is Active Isolated Stretching?
Active isolated stretching (AIS) is a stretching technique developed nearly 40 years ago. It involves holding a stretch for a mere two seconds and repeated as instructed, this allows the muscle to lengthen and ultimately become flexible, without triggering any sort of contractions.
How Does AIS Work?
Active isolated stretching works through two ways. First, it doesn’t trigger the myotatic reflex, a protective stretch reflex when you initiate a stretch. Second, it contracts the opposing muscle group, forcing the targeted muscle to relax.
What are the benefits of AIS?
- Some great benefits of stretching include:
- Prevention of injuries
- Reducing soreness levels
- Improving posture
- Furthermore, it doesn’t only benefit the body. Stretching also benefits the mind! Some notable differences you may see in your mental state include:
- A release of tension
- More energy
Want to know more about Active Isolated Stretching?
At Pilates Dynamics, stretching is one of our passion and we want to help you achieve your body’s maximum potential while preventing injuries in the process.
Also, be sure to ask us about our assisted stretching sessions. First-time visitors can book an appointment for a 30 minutes stretch class.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient practice that involves physical poses, concentration, and deep breathing. A regular Yoga practise can improve your strength, calmness, flexibility and well-being.
What types of Yoga is offered at Pilates Dynamics?
- Hatha Yoga, this is a generic term for any type of yoga that teaches physical poses. Hatha classes usually serve as a gentle introduction to the basic poses of yoga
- Yin yoga, places its focus on holding passive poses for long periods of time. This style of yoga targets deep tissues, ligaments, joints, bones, and fascia.
- Vinyasa Yoga, synchronizes movement with breath, classes range from being powerful to a slower flow and there are styles that will match different levels of yogis and their individual likes and needs.
Pilates Dynamics offers Yoga classes in groups of about 5 to 8 people and private (one-on-one) classes. Classes are offered in our fully-equipped studio or outside in the Tropical garden with water features and mood lights.
What are the Benefits of Yoga?
- Yoga has many physical and mental benefits like;
- building muscle strength
- enhancing flexibility
- promoting better breathing
- reducing stress, anxiety, depression and chronic pain
- improving sleep
- enhancing overall well-being and quality of life
How do I join classes at Pilates Dynamics?
Join in-studio or Online classes at Pilates Dynamics with our top-notch instructors. Click on the links below: