What are Special Population Pilates classes?
Special population Pilates classes have three different categories which consist of the following:
• Seniors – (If you are above 65 years and if you are unable to join a normal group class based on a body assessment)
• Kids and Teens – (Ages from 5 – 12 years)
• Pre-natal group classes (Preggy Pilates Class)
Why should I join Pilates as a Senior member of the population?
Pilates for Seniors – For the older population keeping fit is essential. But so many forms of exercise can be hard on the bodies of older adults. Many have turned to Pilates as a means of staying in shape while reducing the risk of injury that weight-bearing exercises may cause. With its focus on controlled breathing and quality of movement and not quantity of repetitions, many experts agree that Pilates is one of the best ways for older adults to stay healthy, strong, improve balance and coordination and to have a good range of movement and prevent risk of injury.
What is Pilates for Kids and Teens?
Pilates for Kids and Teens – Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps to build strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination without adding any muscle bulk. In addition, he also developed some mat and machine exercises that focuses on strengthening the torso and balancing muscle groups for optimum movement and reduced stress on the body’s joints.
How can Pre-natal Pilates assist with my pregnancy?
Pilates is a great exercise regime to do during your pregnancy since it can be adjusted from one trimester to the other. Pilates instructors are trained and experienced to ensure your safety during every trimester. At Pilates Dynamics we offer classes that are pre-natal specific.
- You strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with all the strains caused by the increased weight of your growing baby.
- Helps reduce back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilise your back and pelvis.
- Strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus as your baby grows and moves down. Strengthening your pelvic floor will help prevent you from leaking when you cough or sneeze and even laugh.
- Helps with balance, you often feel more clumsy or off balance during your pregnancy but doing Pilates you will strengthen your core which can help you be more stable as your baby bump grows.
- Takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions on your hands and knees, this is also a great position during pregnancy it can also help towards the end of the pregnancy get the baby into position for birth
- Helps you relax and control your breathing which is important for yourself as well as your baby. It also helps train you for Labour Day
- Pilates promotes good recovery from labour and the birth, giving you the basis to regain your former figure with our post-natal program.
- Pilates will assist you in getting through your pregnancy with more ease and will assist you with getting back into shape after the baby’s birth
How do I book for my Pilates classes?
IF YOU ARE A DISCOVERY VITALITY OR A MOMENTUM MULTIPLY MEDICAL AID MEMBER, YOU CAN EARN POINTS FOR EVERY WORKOUT.