CAN MEN DO PILATES?
THE ANSWER IS A DEFINITE YES! Pilates is highly beneficial for men. It was started by a man – Joseph Pilates – who was an avid sportsman and sports trainer. Most times women tend to dominate Pilates classes due to most men thinking that it’s only for women. Pilates has a whole lot of benefits and is very challenging, but in the long run it’s worth it. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast, bodybuilder, sportsman, athlete or just a normal guy; a Pilates class can help fine-tune and enhance your physical performance.
All you need to do is follow the great sportsmen, actors and stuntmen around the world and you will notice that they all include Pilates in their fitness and strength training regime. Pilates is also used for rehabilitation from physical or sport injuries. The Pilates exercises aren’t any different for men, Pilates is the same for everyone. Pilates is simply modified for different bodies with different needs and fitness levels.
All the exercises are made up of different movements that can help you do the following:
REASONS WHY MEN SHOULD DO PILATES?
1. Pilates develops all your muscle groups and promotes flexibility. People tend to neglect the muscles that they don’t use every day and Pilates helps you to work on those muscle groups that’s not as strong as others. Pilates therefore assists in injury prevention and longevity. Pilates promotes flexibility, core strength, muscle development and balance and works the body uniformly.
2. Builds core strength. There are quite a few different types of Pilates exercises that focuses on using your core to power movement in your limbs. Pilates core exercises are highly beneficial in developing core strength for those deep muscles of the abdominals to stabilize your trunk and protecting your back and muscles are worked through all the different movement planes.
3. Live more consciously. Pilates forces you to pay attention and listen to your body—you will learn to focus on your breathing while working through each movement and whilst concentrating on keeping proper form. After each Pilates session you’ll feel that you have had a challenging full body workout, feel refreshed, accomplished and relaxed. Pilates is great for your whole body and mind.
4. Pilates is challenging. Pilates will challenge your whole body, balance, co-ordination, and endurance. It is a great cross-training method which will teach you proper alignment, posture and range of motion to improve sport performance. Since men often emphasise an approach to muscle development such as weightlifting, the integrative component of Pilates can prove to be very beneficial for them.
5. Pilates prevents injury. Any active man and sportsmen will tell you how debilitating it is to not participate in an activity or a sports game, due to injury. That is where pilates comes in to work on restoring the balance of opposing muscle groups in order for the joints to stay centred and to prevent shearing forces as a result of these muscle groups not having similar strength or flexibility.
6. Have better sex. Pilates strengthens the core and the pelvic floor, and men who practice it have greater control of this region of the body–need we say more?
WHY SHOULD YOU DO PILATES AT PILATES DYNAMICS?
Pilates Dynamics is an Internationally Recognized Education and Training Boutique Pilates facility. Our highly educated and certified instructors have years of experience in training clients of various age groups and fitness levels and will modify exercises to ensure each client gets a safe and a full body workout. Training programs are aligned with client goals and outcomes and are constantly adjusted to support safe and effective workouts.
The other great thing about doing Pilates at Pilates Dynamics is that no program is ever the same. There are literally thousands of exercises, and you will never get bored with a Pilates program or Pilates class at Pilates Dynamics.
At Pilates Dynamics exercises can be done in a private (one-on-one) pilates class environment to ensure focus on specific individual attention and working towards individual goals.
Pilates is also offered in smaller Pilates group classes where the maximum participants are 8 people, so that we can still ensure individual attention.
We also work with Physiotherapist; Chiropractor; Occupational; Orthopaedic; and other Medical Therapists referrals and Sport Coaches.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Contact Pilates Dynamics on 011-7925459 / 072 999 2229 or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can visit our website on: www.pilatesdynamics.co.za
IF YOU ARE A DISCOVERY VITALITY MEDICAL AID MEMBER, YOU CAN EARN POINTS FOR EVERY WORKOUT.