WHAT IS PILATES?
Pilates (pronounced pee-lah-teez and not pie-lates) is similar to yoga but different in that it emphasizes your body’s core — the shoulders, abdomen, obliques, lower back, inner and outer thighs, glutes, and so on. For this reason, Pilates develops much of what anyone needs — strength, flexibility, muscular endurance, coordination, balance, and good posture — with a much lower chance of injury than with other forms of exercise. The discipline establishing correct form before the burn to ensure that the burn is more intense and muscle work is optimized as a result correct form. Because much of the focus is on good posture and body mechanics during exercise, you can stand and sit taller, walk more gracefully, work muscles deeper and more intensely, eliminate aches and pains and prevent injury.
Will i get bored?
Pilates moves require you to engage virtually your whole body. At times, you may try to strengthen one muscle while stretching another. The moves take lots of concentration; you can’t simply go through the motions like you can on gym equipment. And then, for every move you think you’ve mastered, there's another version that’s a little different and a little harder. You will always be challenged with more advanced exercises as you become stronger and more flexible. With so many exercise variations and progressions, you may have a hard time getting bored with Pilates.
WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING IS OFFERED TO CLIENTS AT PILATES DYNAMICS?
We cater for 1) Private (one-on-one); 2) Semi-Private (Duo (2 people); Trio (3 people); Quad (4 people); and 3) Group training and offer the following types of training;-
- Pilates (Sports Conditioning; Pre and Post Natal; Seniors’ training; Kids’ Pilates; Medically Specialist referrals for functional training; General Toning; Body Fat analysis; Weight loss management and training)
- Bootcamp (Personal training in a smaller group – AND we use a big variety of apparatus)
- Yoga (Personal yoga training and attention – our groups are small to ensure that personal touch
Which fitness institute or gym should I join?
It is best to join a PRIVATE STUDIO. The client numbers are small, unlike that of a bigger gym, and therefore individual attention is the main focus. Quality rather than quantity is the motto of a private pilates studio. Pilates at a Private Studio is done scientifically. Instructors at private studios are required to study ongoing to remain on the edge of pilates and exercise developments. Most private studios also have a physiotherapist or chiropractor on board. If not, they usually deal with chiropractic and physiotherapy referrals.
What makes Pilates Dynamics different to other studios?
We are situated in the leafy suburb of Ruiterhof and conveniently next to the main Randburg Sports Complex. Pilates Dynamics offers state-of-the-art facilities and offer beautiful gardens and water features. Pilates Dynamics is a fully equipped studio with a full complement of small equipment (all small training equipment including TRX, Kettlebells, and Ballet Barre) and large equipment (Pilates Reformers; Pilates Chairs; Pilates Cadillac; Pilates Towers; Pilates Ladder Barrels and Arc Barrels).
Pilates Dynamics is an International Pilates Education facility, meaning we train students to become pilates teachers/instructors. We also provide ongoing learning in the form of short courses and workshops for qualified teachers/instructors. We are proud of the training that we provide. Anyone who has qualified through our facility can join the international professionals community. Our Instructors all have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and continuously attend workshops and courses to remain on the edge of international pilates and exercise knowledge and developments.
We are qualified to deal with all Special Population groups, including Sports men and women. We have 3 studios which are all fully equipped with the latest equipment and machines. Our groups are small (a maximum of 8 people in a group). We incorporate many props and equipment into our group classes like the TRX and the BALLET BARRE, which is unique to our studio. In addition to group training we also offer Private and Semi-Private training for PILATES; YOGA; and PERSONAL TRAINING (including Boot Camp) to Adults and Children.
Pilates Dynamics work hand in hand with Sports & Medical Therapists towards injury rehabilitation – where needed.
Come and try-out our GROUP Mat & Small Equipment or our GROUP Large Equipment (using machines & small equipment) training for a fun and intense workout.
Earn Discovery Vitaly points and Momentum Multiply points for your workouts.
What are the benefits?
- Improved flexibility & mobility
- Increased muscle strength and tone, particularly of your abdominal muscles, lower back, shoulders, hips and buttocks (the “core muscles” of the body)
- Balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- Enhanced muscular control of your back and limbs
- Improved stabilisation of your scapula, spine and pelvic areas
- Improved posture & movement
- Rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- Improved physical coordination and balance
- Relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- Safe rehabilitation of joint and spinal injuries
- Prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- Improved concentration
- Increased body awareness
- Stress management and relaxation
- An excellent cross-training method where the focus is strength and flexibility
Who do we contact to book a class?
You can book a try-out class before committing to a monthly or 3 monthly subscription. Contact us for more information on 011-792 5459 or 072 999 2229 or email us on email@example.com or visit our website on https://pilatesdynamics.co.za for more information. You can also go to our CONTACT PAGE on https://pilatesdynamics.co.za/contact-us/ to email us.