Why do Preggy Pilates?
Pilates strengthens your tummy, back, arms and pelvic floor muscles without causing more strain on your joints, as your joints are much looser during pregnancy due to the increased hormone relaxion which makes it a lot easier to hurt yourself.
What are the benefits to doing Pilates while pregnant?
- You strengthen your muscles, in a safe manner, which equips your body better to cope with all the strains caused by the increased weight of your growing baby.
- Helps reduce back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilize your back and pelvis.
- Strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus as your baby grows and moves down. Strengthening your pelvic floor will help prevent you from leaking when you cough or sneeze and even laugh.
- Helps with balance, you often feel more clumsy or off balance during your pregnancy, but when doing Pilates you strengthen your core which can help you be more stable as your baby bump grows.
- Takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions on your hands and knees, which is a great position during pregnancy it can also help towards the end of the pregnancy to get the baby into position for birth.
- Helps you relax and control your breathing which is important for your self as well as your baby. It also helps train you for Labor Day.
- Through deep breathing the nervous system goes into parasympathetic mode, which is responsible for relaxation. When our bodies are in that mode, our digestions operate properly, we tend to sleep better, and our immune system is at its optimal.
- Pilates not only strengthens the abdominals, back and hips, but also the arms and shoulders to maintain the correct posture which can so easily nose-dive during pregnancy.
- Develops stamina and strength - as your baby grows your body needs more energy and strength.
- Pilates promotes good recovery from labour and the birth, giving you the basis to regain your former figure with our post-natal program.
- Pilates is perfect for helping new moms through the process after pregnancy to strengthen all the muscles necessary for recovery. Not only will it ease you back into exercise gently, but it will build up your core muscles after pregnancy, with a focus on weakened and stretched muscles and in doing so will prevent further health issues at a later stage.
Pilates is the ideal exercise for pre- and post-partum and will assist you in getting through your pregnancy with more ease and will assist you with getting back into shape after the baby’s birth.
For more information visit: https://pilatesdynamics.co.za/pre-and-post-natal-pilates/