Workshops And Short Courses For Qualified Pilates And Fitness Instructors
What short courses and workshops are offered at Pilates Dynamics?
These Workshops And Short Courses For Qualified Pilates And Fitness Instructors are ideal to expand your repertoire or acquire knowledge in a specific field or area:
- Pilates and the Foam Roller – 21 June 2019 (Identify foam rolling techniques and demonstrate how they can be used to improve health and performance. Stability; Myfascial; Mobility and Strength exercises are covered in a program flow)
- Dynamic Barre – 5 July 2019 (Broaden your fitness regimes and expand your knowledge by incorporating barre routines into their classes, programs and studios. The focus is on movements inspired by Ballet with the use of other disciplines such as Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, HIIT in order to teach a class dedicated to toning, sweating, stretching and sculpting bodies into shape – in a safe environment).
- Athletic Reformer Including Jump board – 19 July 2019 (Advanced routines that involve greater body integration, strength and flexibility with an element of power and cardio by using the Jump board)
- Pilates for the Elderly (Mat & Chair) – 16 August 2019 (Maintaining bone density and muscle conditioning while increasing joint mobility with balance; proprioception; and stability for people with mobility restrictions)
- Posture Theory and Application to Pilates exercises – 13 September 2019 (This workshop will enable you to perform a posture analysis and show you how to use Pilates exercises and modifications in order to address imbalances)
- Pilates without Flexion - where flexion is a contra-indication – 11 October 2019 (Spinal flexion is often contra-indicated for certain pathologies. Learn how to modify exercises to still deliver an effective full body workout with the use of props and assists)
Who is Pilates Dynamics Education and Training Centre?
Pilates Dynamics is an education and training centre in Johannesburg that offers internationally recognized and certified training and continuous learning courses for the qualified Pilates; Fitness and Movement Specialist. Pilates Dynamics has been in existence since 2018 and has grown from strength to strength as a result of the quality training and education offered.
Why should I enroll in workshops held at Pilates Dynamics?
Further learning and continuing education at Pilates Dynamics is based on many years of hands-on teaching and practical experience. Our short courses and workshops are structured in such a way that a fitness or Pilates instructor can implement the new repertoire; programs and information into their teaching methods immediately and confidently.
Our courses are CPD approved by Repssa (Register of Fitness Professionals) – read more about this further down.
At Pilates Dynamics, trainers are taught how to observe the bio-mechanics of the body, offer corrections, and deliver safe and effective workouts in line with a client’s individual need. Variations and modifications are always included in any program and workshop together with an explanation of “why”, “what” and “when” to do or not to do.
How do we register for these short courses/workshops?
Register on-line on our webpage link which is: https://pilatesdynamics.co.za/workshops/ and click on the purple button called APPLICATION FORM. Once registered, pay for the course in order to secure your space. Bank details are displayed at the bottom of the application form.
What is the recognition and accreditation of Pilates Dynamics training and courses?
Pilates Dynamics is an affiliate studio of the Pilates Education Institute (PEI) in America. The PEI is an internationally recognised Teacher Training organisation with studios in the following countries:
– United States – Mexico
– Ireland – Portugal
– Italy – South Africa
– Indonesia – China
– United Kingdom – France
– Australia – Turkey
– Thailand – Canada
– New Zealand
The Certified Pilates Teacher Training programs were created and structured in such a way to ensure that all our students get the highest qualifications possible to become a top-notch Pilates Trainer with confident and unique teaching styles.
- Our program meets and exceeds all the requirements of this prestigious and international association. This means we comply with international education standards.
- PEA (Pilates Education Association):
- We are a registered Pilates Teacher Training School member (R–PTT) as well as a registered Continuing Education Provider (R–CEP) of this prestigious and professional international association. The PEA is a non-profit association representing the Pilates community. Their mission is to promote and support the integrity of the Pilates Method.
They do this through:
- Upholding worldwide growth of Pilates through education and community;
- Celebrating the Pilates Method, traditions and lineages; further promoting the teachings of Joseph Pilates;
- Advocating the self-regulation in the Pilates industry and universal access to effective Pilates practices;
- Educating the public on the value and credibility of voluntary registration with the Pilates Education Association;
- Inspiring members to a Pilates community by providing fair and full feedback to Registered Pilates Schools, which fosters accountability and continued improvement; including measurable test results, passing rates of comprehensive teachers and self-evaluation tools for Pilates schools;
- Advocating to protect the Pilates community from unfair or unnecessary burdensome government regulation;
- Guiding Pilates teachers and schools in achieving success with conscious and effective business practices; and
- Serving the member community by supporting scholarship programs, providing benefits, and developing strategic alliances with Pilates educators.
- Our course is endorsed by REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa); and
- Both our Mat and Equipment Courses have each been awarded 20 CPD points each, i.e. 40 CPD points for the Comprehensive Course.
- All our workshops have been allocated CPD (continuous professional development) points.
Pilates Dynamics is a Professional Member of the Complementary and Alternative Medical Science Institute. The CAMS institute is an educational Institute committed to excellence, CAMS is a non-profit organization committed to changing the lives of people by endorsing quality training.
What is the background and experience of the lecturers?
- Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have been exposed to numerous different styles of Pilates and have many years of training and education experience.
- Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers hold the following degrees -
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BA Human Movement Science
- Personal Training Qualifications
- Professional Dance and Ballet
- Assessor and Moderator qualifications
- Various fitness, health, and Pilates related short course certificates
- Our Teacher Trainers/Lecturers have had exposure both nationally and internationally;
- Our mission is to mentor you towards a successful and rewarding health & fitness career; and
- We are here to teach you how to teach, not just what to teach.