KIDDIES AND TEEN PILATES
Kiddies and Teen Pilates Group classes contain a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 kids per class. Kids and Teens can of course also participate in private (1-on-1) and Duo (2 people), Trio (3 people), and Quad (4 people) should parents prefer a smaller more personalized and focussed class.
Today’s kids and teens are the most inactive generation in history. Computer technology and non-playful movement stimulate this generation of kids. There are no fitness facilities or schools that specifically target core strength, co-ordination, balance and flexibility. This where kiddies and teen pilates come into play, literally. Pilates is the very form of exercise that works the entire body with the emphasis on function for overall health. Pilates is the ideal form of exercise to develop balanced muscle strength and flexibility and in doing so, prevents injury on and off the sports grounds. Pilates is designed for the non-athletic child as well as the competitive teen and is a smart way of getting kids and teens to participate in exercise because it caters to various ages, fitness levels and athletic abilities.
Benefits of Kiddies and Teen Pilates:
- Perhaps the most important benefit for kids and teens is increased FOCUS. Being able to centre the breath, hold various positions for a certain amount of time, and concentrate on mind-body fitness – are cornerstones for youths to challenge their energies into one activity.
- Improved body awareness and control – and knowing one’s body can lead to greater self-esteem.
- Pilates prevents injury on the playground or on the court – and is the basis for improving posture and increasing strength, balance, co-ordination and flexibility.
- Pilates can assist with weight management issues in younger people because it strengthens and lengthens core muscles without adding bulk, so kids and teens can learn to love their bodies no matter what.
- Pilates teaches kids and teens to cope with stress by encouraging them to relax and breathe properly.
- This form of fitness provides the perfect physical and mental platorm necessary for children to excel in sports and in school.
- Pilates assists with Hyper-mobility issues.
- Pilates improves spinal health.
- Pilates assists with low muscle tone.
- Pilates improves Proprioception.
Occupational Therapists often refer children to do Pilates to improve neuromuscular training and restore physical function. A Pilates routine entails controlled, smooth movements, which improves posture, core strength, stamina and flexibility.
Kiddies GROUP Pilates Classes:
Pilates PRIVATE Classes: Kiddies Pilates
Private pilates sessions are done using our large specialised pilates machines – as indicated above - and a combination of a variety of small pilates equipment. Private sessions allow the instructor to work on your individual needs and within your goals. These sessions are for anyone, irrespective of your fitness levels, pathologies and or sports goals.
3 Monthly subscriptions is less 5% on above fees