What is Pilates?
Pilates is a refreshing mind-body workout which emphasizes proper breathing, correct spinal, pelvic and limb alignment as well as focused concentration with smooth flowing movements. It is a system of exercises using special apparatus, designed to improve physical strength, flexibility, posture, balanced muscle development, and enhanced mental awareness. Pilates in a nutshell is the perfect 360̊ type of workout for longevity and ease of movement, whether the purpose is for daily functioning, or to enhance sport performance.
Now you can become a master of your own body.
What makes Pilates Dynamics different to other studios?
Pilates Dynamics is situated in the leafy suburb of Ruiterhof and conveniently next to the main Randburg sports complex. Pilates Dynamics has state-of-the art facilities as well as beautiful gardens with water features which offer a calm relaxing environment perfect for Yoga as well as Pilates. Our groups are small we allow a maximum of 8 people per class. We believe in keeping the classes small in order to make sure each client gets the one-on-one attention they deserve.
The Benefits of Pilates and why you should do Pilates:
- Pilates is a full-body fitness regime
- It is adaptable to all fitness levels, needs and ages
- Increases flexibility
- Develops core strength
- Increased awareness of correct posture and alignment
- Restoring your body’s natural movement
- Rehabilitate injuries & prevent further injury
- Improves agility with age and joint longevity
- An excellent compliment to cross-training disciplines
- Improves Posture
- An excellent cross-training method
- It focuses on strengthening and lengthening muscles without creating bulk
Pilates also provides many more specific benefits for different population groups including improvement to pelvic floor function, bone density improvement and lung capacity/breathing technique improvement, general back, neck tension and joint pain, to mention just a few.
Pilates Mat & Small Equipment
Classes incorporate exercises done on the mat, using your own body weight, together with a wide variety of small apparatus.
Pilates Large Equipment
Pilates large equipment is made up of Reformers, Wunda Chairs, Cadillac, Towers, and Ladder Barrels & Spine Corrector Barrels.
Classes & Rates
“Through the Pilates Method of Body Conditioning this unique trinity of a balanced body, mind and spirit can be attained. Self-confidence follows.”
– A Quote by Joseph Pilates
The benefits of Pilates are far-reaching. Through the development and maintenance of the entire system of body, mind and spirit, practitioners of Pilates are able – both literally and figuratively – to walk taller.
Class Dress Code:
Please wear comfortable, well-fitted (not baggy) exercise gear and wear non-slip socks. Bring a sweat towel and water along.
All Classes are sold in monthly subscriptions. Classes are valid for 1 calendar month.
Terms & Conditions:
- Bookings are essential
- No Credits
- Discovery Vitality Points Available.
- All adult classes are 55 mins
- Subscriptions are subject to a calender months’ cancellation notice.
- Changes in bookings are subject to a 24-hour notice period.